Canary Islands Travel Info - Casa de Colon, Playa del Ingles, Maspalomas
From gorgeous natural attractions to man-made ones, the Canary Islands have enough excitement to entertain visitors and residents alike. Temperatures in the Canary Islands are comfortable and range between 58°F and 79°F. However, you might want to remember that if you plan on climbing during your sightseeing adventures, the temperatures can dip down a bit.
In the distance, one can see Pico del Teide, which is the highest mountain in Spain. Although it is possible to scale this mountain, most prefer something a bit less strenuous such as a simple guided walk.
If you are a buff of old sea charts and artifacts from the times before Columbus, Casa de Colón is a must see location. A nice collection is available for all to peruse in this building that may have been frequented by Columbus as well as some early governors.
Parque Nacional de Garajonay is a natural attraction that includes an ancient laurel forest. Hiking trails allow visitors to explore and search for the more than 400 different species of flora that exist here.
Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas feature a bit of adventure with theme park fun along with some fun in the sun at the gorgeous beaches. Available year-round, this particular type of fun is frequented by many.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Faroe Islands - Torshavn, Streymoy, River Dalsa, Saksun, Gjogv, Eysturoy, Kirkjubour, St. Olav's Church and Foroya Fornminissavn.
- Bolivia - Sucre, Christ of Concordia statue, Cochabamba, Parque Nacional Madidi, Cha'llapampa and Isla del Sol.
- Falkland Islands - Port Stanley, Christ Church Cathedral, Sea Lion Island, Port Louis, Volunteer Beach, and New Island.
- Slovenia - Skocjan Caves, Ljubljana, Predjama Castle, Mt. Triglav and Triglav National Park.
- Montenegro - Budva, Durmitor National Park, the National Museum of Montenegro and Kotor.
- Portugal - Lisbon, Lagos, Douro Valley and Conimbra Ruins.