Travel to Iceland - See Reykjavik, Myvatin, Skaftafell National Park
Iceland is a veritable treasure chest of gifts from Mother Nature including waterfalls, hot springs, glaciers, volcanoes, lava deserts, and geysers. Moreover, its history, culture, customs, and folklore are rich.
Iceland's capital is Reykjavik and is officially known as the Republic of Iceland. The official language is Icelandic. The Lutheran church is the most prevalent. Its topographical features are mainly geothermal or volcanic. It is the least populated of the Nordic countries, and is located in the Atlantic Ocean between Greenland and northern Europe.
Skaftafell National Park, Europe's largest, features breathtaking peaks in the midst of beautiful birch woods. One of the largest icecaps, excluding those in the North and South Poles, Vatnajökull, features a brilliant ice blue and white presence. It is the largest glacier in Iceland. Walking trails and tours are plentiful and provide an educational as well as an exhilarating experience.
Another of Iceland's top tourist attractions is its Blue Lagoon, fed by the mineral rich waters of the sea. Its milky blue coloring provides a unique aspect, while the white coloring of the silica mud adds to the effect. Hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms complete the relaxing feel of this place.
Gullfoss, a seemingly magical waterfall, sprays a shimmering mist that can create the most gorgeous of rainbows. The Great Geysir dates back to the fourteenth century. Its jets of water bursts up into the air after having gone through a forty-year dormant period that was interrupted by earthquakes.
Mývatin is located in the north of Iceland. It happens to be one of the most interesting locations to tour. Its blue lake offers a quiet place to relax. Camping and treks to the ice caves are popular here.
- Sweden - Stockholm, Visby, Tyresta National Park and Victoria Hotel.
- Norway - Oslo, Bergen, Emanuel Vigeland Museum, Norsk Folkemuseum, Telemark and Heddal stave church.
- Finland - Snow Castle, Lemmenjoki National Park, Moomin World, Valamo Orthodox Monastery and Olavinlinna Castle.
- Denmark - Copenhagen, Trelleborg, Egeskov Castle, Nationalmuseet and Rabjerg Mile.
- Czech Republic - City of Prague, Prague Castle, Petrin Hill and Petrin Tower.
- Latvia - Sigulda, Turaida Castle, Riga, Freedom Monument, Aglona Basilica, Museum of Horns and Antlers, and Latvian Occupation Museum.
- Faroe Islands - Torshavn, Streymoy, River Dalsa, Saksun, Gjogv, Eysturoy, Kirkjubour, St. Olav's Church and Foroya Fornminissavn.