Travel to Montenegro - Kotor, Budva , Durmitor National Park
Montenegro, small in size, sits large at the base of the Balkan Mountains in southeastern Europe. A land of cultural diversity, Montenegro is a country of churches, beaches, museums, and more. The summers can reach high temperatures, but the mountains offer a cool escape from the heat as well as an attractive adventure.
Montenegro's full name is the Republic of Montenegro. Its official currency is the euro. Several religions have flourished here and include Serbian Orthodox, Montenegrin Orthodox, Roman Catholic, and Muslim. Montenegro's capital city is Podgorica.
Kotor's position as an important naval power is exhibited at the Maritime Museum. A touch of romance is evident in some of the displays, particularly the bottles that bear romantic sayings.
Montenegro's coastline presents a panoramic picture of beaches below a scenic backdrop of mountains. Known as the area's top beach resort, Budva is a town that caters to tourists. It includes a fortress, several churches, and a museum, along with typical tourist fare.
It's National Park, Durmitor, features eighteen lakes of varying sizes. The National Museum of Montenegro is a unique place to visit. Housed in a neobaroque building, the museum has an eclectic array of items from Montenegro's historical past. It tends to display a large number of weaponry as well as such distinctive exhibits as a coat laden with bullet holes that belonged to Duke Danilo.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Greece - The Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens, Crete, Knossos, the Acropolis of Lindos, Meteora's monasteries, Delphi, and Vergina.
- Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad, Jelica Milanovic, Kalemegdan Fortress, Petrovaradin Citadel, Sirogojno, Mt. Zlatibor and Manasija Monastery.
- Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Museo Guggenheim and Las Hurdes.
- Belgium - Brussels, Antwerp, The Grand Place, Gravensteen, Menin Gate, Cinquantenaire Museum and Ghent.
- Slovenia - Skocjan Caves, Ljubljana, Predjama Castle, Mt. Triglav and Triglav National Park.
- Canary Islands - Casa de Colon, Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas.