Romania Travel - Bucharest, Brasov, Merry Cemetery, Village Museum
Romania, a country in Southeastern Europe, has much to offer including castles, medieval atmosphere, hiking, wildlife, horse-drawn carts, interesting architecture, beautiful frescoes, and more. Romania's capital city is Bucharest, which is located somewhere between the Danube River and the Carpathian foothills.
The official language is Romanian, although Hungarian is also spoken is some areas. The main religion is Eastern Orthodox. The currency used in Romania is the Romanian Leu. Hungary borders Hungary, Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Moldova.
The Palace of Parliament presents a grand image with all of its 12 stories. Ancient beauty can still be found in the buildings and frescoes that remain including the Old Court Church.
Merry Cemetery is full of wooden crosses that have been painted in a colorful way to express a bit of human emotion. The crosses sit atop the tombstones that lie in the graveyard.
The Village Museum is an outside experience that allows one to marvel at numerous churches, mills, windmills, and more. The best time to visit this spot is in July and August when artisans will be out in full force.
Brasov sits in the midst of the Transylvanian hills. It dates back to medieval times and still has an awesome attraction from those days. Its Black Church may very well be the largest Gothic Church in the area. Nearby, visitors can explore Bran Castle, which is often referred to as Dracula's Castle.
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Slovakia - Bratislava Castle, Devin Castle, High Tatras, Mala Fatra, Slovenska Narodna Galeria, National Museum and Trencianske Teplice
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Greenland - Qaqortoq, Nuuk, Ilulissat Kangerlua, Upernavik and the Southern Fjords.
- Denmark - Copenhagen, Trelleborg, Egeskov Castle, Nationalmuseet and Rabjerg Mile.
- San Marino - Palazzo Publico, State Museum and La Rocca (The Guaita / First Tower).