Travel to Russia - Moscow, Red Square, St. Petersburg, Kizhi
Russia, a geographically huge country spanning parts of Europe and Asia, has cold, harsh winters. Its capital is Moscow, and its official language is Russian, one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. Many religions are practiced in this country including Russian Orthodox, Islam, Jewish, and Buddhist.
Moscow is a mix of the new with the old and the poor with the rich. Ancient monasteries, modern structures, beautiful churches, and modern department stores are intermingled together. It is home to Red Square, where the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral and Lenin's Mausoleum are located. A strong fortress, the Kremlin is a sight to behold. Famous Russian leaders including Stalin, Khrushchev, and Gorbachev all made their stands from there.
St. Petersburg's unique appearance can be partially credited to the Neva River and the various islands scattered about it. Although a bit less pristine and fine, old buildings remain in all of their original display.
The Lapland Biosphere Reserve is an excellent nature reserve to explore. Numerous species of animals, fish, and plants can be found in this vast wilderness.
The Trans-Siberian Railway offers a journey that lasts for days and takes you from one end to the other of this vast country. If you travel from Moscow to Vladivostok, then you will pass Lake Baikal, Irkutsk, vast forests, settlements, and more.
Kizhi offers the Transfiguration Church for sightseeing pleasure. Constructed with wood and designed with many domes, it dates back to the early 1700s.
- Estonia - Old Town Tallinn, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Saaremaa and Hiiumaa Islets Landscape Reserve
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Slovakia - Bratislava Castle, Devin Castle, High Tatras, Mala Fatra, Slovenska Narodna Galeria, National Museum and Trencianske Teplice
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Brasilia, Parque Estadual do Caracol and the Amazon basin.
- Luxembourg - Luxembourg City, Moselle Valley wineries, Remich, Vianden Castle and Chateau de Bourscheid.
- Lithuania - Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, Hill of Crosses, National Museum, Trakai Island Castle and History Museum.