Travel to Luxemburg in Europe - Luxembourg City, Remich, Vianden
Luxembourg is a landlocked country with forests, hills, valleys, and more. Its full name is the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, although it is sometimes called Luxemburg in English. While the official language is Luxembourgish, French, German, and English are also spoken there. Roman Catholicism is the predominant religion. The main currency is the Euro. Located in western Europe, Luxembourgh is very small in population and land mass. It is bordered by Germany, France, and Belgium.
Luxembourg City, above the Alzette Valley, is the capital of Luxembourg. It is said that Luxembourg City began as the fortress of Sigefroid, the Count of Ardennes.
Within the wineries of Moselle Valley, a great deal of wine tasting goes on. In fact, tours are available from late in the spring until early in the autumn. The Caves Bernard-Massard is also worth a visit while you are here.
At Remich, one can discover the method used to create the sparkling wines that are produced there. Once you have traversed through the damp tunnels, your reward is a glass of the sparkling bubbly itself.
Vianden, a city located in the Oesling region of north-eastern Luxembourg, is home to Vianden Castle. Chateau de Bourscheid, an ancient castle, sits above the Sûre River. It offers excellent views of the surrounding countryside despite the towered walls that surround it.
The Musee d'Histoire de la Ville de Luxembourg has many levels of splendid exhibits that span the city's history. Paintings, decorative works, wooden maquettes, and a variety of art forms reveal much about the city.
- Germany - The Harz Mountains, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Lubeck and Leipzig.
- Switzerland - Zurich, Lake Geneva, Lucerne, Patek-Phillippe Museum, Augusta Raurica ruins, and the Jet d'Eau fountain.
- Netherlands - Amsterdam, Anne Frank House, Kroller-Muller Museum, Hoge Veluwe National Park, Keukenhof Gardens
- France - Paris, Corsica, Cannes, Biarritz and Arles.
- Russia - Moscow, Red Square, St. Petersburg, the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Brasilia, Parque Estadual do Caracol and the Amazon basin.
- Lithuania - Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, Hill of Crosses, National Museum, Trakai Island Castle and History Museum.