Moldova Travel - Visit Chisinau, Cricova and Trebujeni
Moldova's full name is the Republic of Moldova. It is Its official language is located in Eastern Europe, surrounded by the countries of Romania and Ukraine. Moldavian, although Russian is also spoken. The country's religion is mainly Eastern Orthodox. The main currency is the Moldavian Leu.
Chisinau rests alongside the Bac River. The streets are lined with trees, which helps to brighten this city of gray buildings that have been left from the days of Stalin. Cathedrals, cafes, bars, and official buildings are scattered throughout this city. The Triumphal Arch, a landmark in Chisinau, was designed by the architect Luca Zaushkevich. Its construction was completed in 1840.
Cricova has an underground labyrinth of passages that are used to store wine, some of which is considered quite rare. It is quite large and open during the day, but only through guided tours. Additionally, the other Moldavian wineries can only be seen through guided tours that are sometimes priced expensively.
Orheiul Vechi, usually listed as Trebujeni, features an awesome monastery carved in the limestone cliffs. Although located in a remote spot of Moldova, it's worth the trip.
The National Archeology and History Museum has an immense array of exhibits and historical artifacts. Among these, visitors can see coins from the Golden Horde, a large diorama of WWII, and weaponry from the Soviet Era.
In front of the museum, almost as if standing guard, statues of Romulus and Remus portray the Latin heritage of Moldavians. Additionally, the wolf of Rome, Lupoaica Romei, is represented by his own statue.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Slovakia - Bratislava Castle, Devin Castle, High Tatras, Mala Fatra, Slovenska Narodna Galeria, National Museum and Trencianske Teplice
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Czech Republic - City of Prague, Prague Castle, Petrin Hill and Petrin Tower.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.