Travel to Belgium - Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent Tourist Attractions
Belgium, a country in northwest Europe, is offically known as the Kingdom of Belgium. The ideal time to visit Belgium is between the months of May and September when the weather is agreeable. Winters tend to be a bit frosty. During the months of July and August, a number of festive pageants, parades, and fairs take place.
Antwerp is a city that blends the old and the new with flair. Medieval castles and Art Nouveau mansions await the avid tourist. Brussels offers a luxurious taste in cuisine at each of its many pubs, cafes, and restaurants. The Grand Place is the charming central square of Brussels and provides some of the finest of its guildhalls, cafes, and restaurants.
Ghent (sometimes spelled Gent) once attributed its fame to its status as the largest cloth producer in all of Europe. Now, it is full of students on the quest for knowledge. Gravensteen, also known as Count's Castle, is located at the center of the town. Once upon a time, it was a fearsome place complete with turrets, moats, and capabilities for defense. Today's museum holds many of the swords and weapons of torture that were so popular back in the day.
Cinquantenaire Museum, the Royal Museum of Art and History, showcases thousands of artifacts that date back to olden times. Much of the collections housed here include art, jewelry, crafts, and even funeral gifts.
Menin Gate is honored with a bugler's call every evening in remembrance of the British and Commonwealth troops who lost their lives during WWII. Their final resting place is unknown.
Before you travel to Belgium, check out the discounts available at Orbitz and Expedia. You can find cheap hotel rooms, discount airline tickets, specials on rental cars and other travel bargains.
- Germany - The Harz Mountains, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Lubeck and Leipzig.
- Switzerland - Zurich, Lake Geneva, Lucerne, Patek-Phillippe Museum, Augusta Raurica ruins, and the Jet d'Eau fountain.
- Netherlands - Amsterdam, Anne Frank House, Kroller-Muller Museum, Hoge Veluwe National Park, Keukenhof Gardens
- France - Paris, Corsica, Cannes, Biarritz and Arles.
- Slovenia - Skocjan Caves, Ljubljana, Predjama Castle, Mt. Triglav and Triglav National Park.
- Montenegro - Budva, Durmitor National Park, the National Museum of Montenegro and Kotor.
- Canary Islands - Casa de Colon, Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas.