Travel to Slovenia - Predjama Castle, Ljubljana, Triglav National Park
Officially known as the Republic of Slovenia, Slovenia is a nation located in southern Central Europe. It is an Alpine country and is bordered by Italy, Austria, Hungary, Croatia and the Adriatic Sea.
Predjama Castle is home to a museum that includes wax mannequins, a torture chamber, and magnificent views. Although the official language is Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian, German, and English are also spoken here.
The Julian Alps cut across Slovenia and lead into Italy. Nearby, Mt. Triglav stands in glory as the country's highest peak. The Adriatic coastline may be short, but the beaches are sunny and warm. Nearby towns portray Venetian Gothic architecture, narrow streets, and a bit of Italian influence.
Ljubljana is the capital and is the largest town in this country. It has touches of the past interspersed with lots of modern features. Hotel Park is in the center of it and offers pleasant accommodations.
The National Gallery is an impressive museum and gallery that houses many of Slovenia's historical art treasures. High on a cliff, Bled Castle overlooks an attractive lake. The castle includes a museum.
Triglav National Park is a beautiful location that includes most of the Julian Alps. Easy hikes and mountain climbs are frequent in this park full of beautiful flora and numerous fauna.
The Skocjan Caves has an underground chasm that is far down below the ground. A tiny footbridge crosses over the chasm allowing visitors to visualize the dizzying depth from up above.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Greece - The Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens, Crete, Knossos, the Acropolis of Lindos, Meteora's monasteries, Delphi, and Vergina.
- Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad, Jelica Milanovic, Kalemegdan Fortress, Petrovaradin Citadel, Sirogojno, Mt. Zlatibor and Manasija Monastery.
- Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Museo Guggenheim and Las Hurdes.
- Belgium - Brussels, Antwerp, The Grand Place, Gravensteen, Menin Gate, Cinquantenaire Museum and Ghent.
- Montenegro - Budva, Durmitor National Park, the National Museum of Montenegro and Kotor.
- Canary Islands - Casa de Colon, Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas.