Visit Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Sugarloaf Mountain
The official name of Brazil, a large and populated country in South America, is the República Federativa do Brasil (or Federative Republic of Brazil in English). The official language is Portuguese. The official currency is the Brazilian Real. Its capital city is Brasília. This Latin American country shares borders with Argentina, Venezuela, Uruguay, Paraguay, Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana.
Rio de Janeiro is a city where residents and tourists can play in the sun and enjoy the beach. It includes a number of nightspots, restaurants, and elegant hotels. The summers here can be quite wet and the heat can get quite intense. Sugarloaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar), a distinct 1,300 ft mountain peak that can be reached via cable car, is one of the most popular tourist spots in in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Parque Estadual do Caracol includes an amazing waterfall that is 426 feet in height. A walk down a flight of 927 steps will take you to the bottom of the falls. The Iguaçu Falls includes 275 different waterfalls that are partly in Brazil and partly in Argentina where you will get a closer look. Boat trips that take you beneath the falls are available.
Encontro das Áquas, which means Meeting of the Waters, is the place where the Rio Solimömes meets the Rio Negro. Amazingly enough, the two flowing rios travel alongside each other for some distance before they meet, join, and form the Amazon River.
The Amazon basin is a mix of jungle and river. Although it can be entered by boat, bus, or air, boat is actually the best form of transportation. The Parque Nacional Sete Cidades provides an awesome look at incredible rock formations including caves and arches. Rock paintings add to the charm of this place.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.
- Paraguay - Asuncion, Rio Paraguay, Parque Nacional Ybycui, Cerro Leon and Trinidad.
- Peru - Lima, Cuzco, Arequipa, Museo Inka, Peruvian Andes and El Misti.
- Bolivia - Sucre, Christ of Concordia statue, Cochabamba, Parque Nacional Madidi, Cha'llapampa and Isla del Sol.
- Russia - Moscow, Red Square, St. Petersburg, the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- Luxembourg - Luxembourg City, Moselle Valley wineries, Remich, Vianden Castle and Chateau de Bourscheid.
- Lithuania - Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, Hill of Crosses, National Museum, Trakai Island Castle and History Museum.