Peru Travel Info - Visit Lima, Cuzco, Museo Inka, Arequipa, El Misti
Peru, a land of magnificent scenery and lost cities, is home to the Peruvian Andes, Spanish legacies, and traditional ways. The official name of Peru is the Republic of Peru, and the country is located in western South America. It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the countries of Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia and Colombia. The official languages are Spanish and Quechua. However, Aymara is also spoken in some areas. The official currency is the Nuevo Sol.
Its capital city is Lima, a city that seems to prosper despite its location in desert lands. It has an exciting nightlife, fabulous museums, and beautiful architecture.
The city of Cuzco dates back to the ancient Incas. It is thought to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in Peru. The Museo Inka sits on top of ancient Inca ruins, or at least the foundations of them. This museum is known for its wonderful collection of artifacts that belonged to the Incan people including pottery, jewelry, metals, gold, and even mummies.
The city of Arequipa has been nicknamed the white city. It is located near El Misti, a volcano. Surrounded by mountains, this city features numerous buildings that have been constructed from sillar, a type of volcanic rock. Several of the city's old, colonial houses are currently used as museums or art galleries.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.
- Paraguay - Asuncion, Rio Paraguay, Parque Nacional Ybycui, Cerro Leon and Trinidad.
- Bolivia - Sucre, Christ of Concordia statue, Cochabamba, Parque Nacional Madidi, Cha'llapampa and Isla del Sol.
- Ecuador - Quito, Basilica del Voto Nacional, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, TeleferiQo sky tram, and Cruz Loma.
- England - London, St. Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Old Operating Theatre Museum and Durham Castle.
- Iceland - Reykjavik, Myvatin, Vatnajokull glacier, Skaftafellsjokull, Skaftafell National Park, Blue Lagoon, Gullfoss waterfall and the Great Geysir.
- Czech Republic - City of Prague, Prague Castle, Petrin Hill and Petrin Tower.