Travel to England - See London, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey
England is the country's official name, and it is the largest constituent country of the United Kingdom. Located in Northern Europe, England comprises the bulk of the island of Great Britain and is bordered by Scotland and Wales. The official language is English in a varying array of accents. Several religions are practiced in this country including the Church of England, Catholic, Muslim, Methodist, Jewish, and Hindu.
England happens to have an extremely damp and mild climate, due in part to the warm winds that blow in off the seas. While the northern part of the country is decidedly colder than any other area, rain can be expected almost anywhere in England at almost any time.
Its capital city is London, a city that displays the best and the worst that the country has to offer. London is a veritable hot spot for tourists all year round with few of its attractions closing during any season of the year.
In London, you'll find Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, a variety of museums, numerous art galleries, and more. For those of you seeking a gruesome attraction, the Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret will fill the bill. Early instruments used for medical purposes are on display in this Victorian building.
Northumberland, home to numerous castles, also offers battlefield sites, hiking areas, and a national park. Durham is a dramatic city atop a bluff that features a Norman cathedral and a Norman castle for sightseers. The Lake District is a pleasant spot of lush green that draw millions of visitors looking to get in some hiking in its hills and mountains.
- Faroe Islands - Torshavn, Streymoy, River Dalsa, Saksun, Gjogv, Eysturoy, Kirkjubour, St. Olav's Church and Foroya Fornminissavn.
- Latvia - Sigulda, Turaida Castle, Riga, Freedom Monument, Aglona Basilica, Museum of Horns and Antlers, and Latvian Occupation Museum.
- Scotland - Edinburgh Castle, Glasgow, Aberdeen, St. Andrews, Kellie Castle, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Lorimer House, Melrose Abbey, Aviemore and Cairngorm Mountains.
- Sweden - Stockholm, Visby, Tyresta National Park and Victoria Hotel.
- Peru - Lima, Cuzco, Arequipa, Museo Inka, Peruvian Andes and El Misti.
- Iceland - Reykjavik, Myvatin, Vatnajokull glacier, Skaftafellsjokull, Skaftafell National Park, Blue Lagoon, Gullfoss waterfall and the Great Geysir.
- Czech Republic - City of Prague, Prague Castle, Petrin Hill and Petrin Tower.