Travel to Czech Republic - Visit Prague Castle and Petrin Hill
The Czech Republic is home to an abundance of buildings that exhibit architecture with features from the Renaissance, Gothic, and Baroque styles. The official name of the country is the Czech Republic, the official language is Czech, and the official currency is the Czech Koruna. Located in Eastern Europe, the Czech Republic is bordered by the countries of Germany, Austria, Poland and Slovakia.
The country receives a taste of all four seasons. The winters are very cold with the mountainous region receiving the harshest temperatures. The summers are hot and rainy. The autumn brings a variety of weather conditions, changing from one day to the next. The spring heralds in rain that may lead to flooding.
Its capital city is Prague, a delightful combination of the ancient with the modern styles of living. As the country's largest city, it is full of eateries that offer traditional cuisine as well as those that offer modern and gourmet food. Nightlife finds a home in many of the city's cafes and cocktail bars.
Prague Castle, a truly impressive architectural site with over one thousand yeas of history, is the center of attention in Prague. Although many of the castle's highlights are open year round, a few are only open to the public one day each year.
At the top of Petřín Hill, visitors will discover eight different parks that make up one of the largest spaces of greenery in Prague. Nearby, you will also find Petřín Tower, a copy of the famous Eiffel Tower and Stefanik Observatory, which offers excellent views.
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Slovakia - Bratislava Castle, Devin Castle, High Tatras, Mala Fatra, Slovenska Narodna Galeria, National Museum and Trencianske Teplice
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Iceland - Reykjavik, Myvatin, Vatnajokull glacier, Skaftafellsjokull, Skaftafell National Park, Blue Lagoon, Gullfoss waterfall and the Great Geysir.
- Latvia - Sigulda, Turaida Castle, Riga, Freedom Monument, Aglona Basilica, Museum of Horns and Antlers, and Latvian Occupation Museum.
- Faroe Islands - Torshavn, Streymoy, River Dalsa, Saksun, Gjogv, Eysturoy, Kirkjubour, St. Olav's Church and Foroya Fornminissavn.