Travel to Slovakia - Visit Slovak Republic, Bratislava Castle, High Tatras
Located in eastern Europe, the country of Slovakia is bordered by the Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Hungary and Ukraine. Slovakia's people retain their folk traditions in this land that has only recently become independent. Its official name is Slovak Republic, and its capital city is Bratislava. The official language is Slovak, although Hungarian, Czech, and German are also spoken. The main currency in Slovakia is the Slovak koruna.
Bratislava, the largest city in Slovakia, is situated at the end of the Carpathian Mountains. Bratislava Castle sits high atop a hill, which allows it to have panoramic views of the countryside. The National Museum is housed within this castle and provides an excellent array of fine furniture, artwork, and historical exhibits.
Devin Castle, located a bit west of Bratislava, features more historical exhibits that date back many centuries. Slovenska Narodna Galeria sits on the riverfront. This palace that dates back to the 18th century houses an extremely large collection of national treasures.
Trencianske Teplice is located in the western section of Slovakia. This excellent spot offers healthy relaxation in a resort atmosphere that features a deluxe spa. Sulphur springs, swimming pools, hiking trails, and scenic background add to the relaxing aura. Nearby, a Turkish bathhouse provides includes some relaxation with a different slant.
Vysoke Tatry, a small mountain range known in English as the High Tatras, has natural beauty, thick forests, glacial lakes, and alpine peaks. A national park, Mala Fatra, is quite popular due to its hiking trails, ski lifts, beautiful scenery, flora and fauna.
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Czech Republic - City of Prague, Prague Castle, Petrin Hill and Petrin Tower.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Paraguay - Asuncion, Rio Paraguay, Parque Nacional Ybycui, Cerro Leon and Trinidad.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.