Travel to France - See Paris, Cannes, Arles, Corsica, Biarritz
France, located in western Europe, is officially known as the French Republic. It shares borders with the countries of Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, and Andorra.
Perhaps the best time to visit France is in the springtime, although it may rain a bit. During the winter months, however, numerous cultural events occur. The summer months bring beach weather and fun.
The official language is French. However, you will also hear Corsican, Provencal, Basque, Breton, and Catalan during your travels throughout various regions of France. The majority of the population of France practices Roman Catholicism. The official currency is the euro.
The capital of France is Paris. The city has a lot to offer sightseers including monuments, artwork, gourmet shops, museums, and excellent restaurants. Sainte Chapelle, a gothic chapel in the heart of Paris, dates back to the 13th century. This impressive structure rises to 139 feet high, and staggering amounts (over 6,000 square feet) of exquisitely designed stained glass adorns the chapel.
The city of Cannes on the French Riviera is home to a popular film festival during the month of May. You'll also find restaurants, shops, beaches, and more. Corsica, one of two islands, has a distinctively unique cultural feel, probably due to the fact that it has only been under France's guidance for about two hundred years.
Arles offers a relaxing atmosphere among its vineyards and olive groves. The city of Biarritz, visited by Napoleon and his wife, offers hours of surfing and beach fun.
- Germany - The Harz Mountains, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Lubeck and Leipzig.
- Switzerland - Zurich, Lake Geneva, Lucerne, Patek-Phillippe Museum, Augusta Raurica ruins, and the Jet d'Eau fountain.
- Netherlands - Amsterdam, Anne Frank House, Kroller-Muller Museum, Hoge Veluwe National Park, Keukenhof Gardens
- Luxembourg - Luxembourg City, Moselle Valley wineries, Remich, Vianden Castle and Chateau de Bourscheid.
- Falkland Islands - Port Stanley, Christ Church Cathedral, Sea Lion Island, Port Louis, Volunteer Beach, and New Island.
- New Zealand - Queenstown, Wellington, Fiordland National Park, Lake Wakatipu, Whangaparaoa Bay, and Harihari.
- Ecuador - Quito, Basilica del Voto Nacional, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, TeleferiQo sky tram, and Cruz Loma.