Travel to Poland - Visit Warsaw, Krakow, Malbork Castle
Poland is located in Eastern Europe and is officially the Republic of Poland. It shares borders with the countries of Germany, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine and Belarus, as well as the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad Oblast. Poland is also bordered by the Baltic Sea.
Tucked away in the center of Europe, Poland is a wonderful mixture of contemporary and past. Between the months of May and October is the best time to visit Poland. Festivals featuring jazz, theater, and more are frequent throughout the month of July.
Malbork Castle, the largest of Europe's castles, used to be the headquarters for the Teutonic Knights. It presents an exciting adventure as you explore the maze of rooms interspersed throughout the interior of the medieval fortress walls.
The Great Masurian Lakes encompasses a vast area of Mauria and provides an excellent location for yachting and canoeing. The main lakes are actually connected by canals and rivers.
Residents and tourists alike can bike, boat, nature walk, or ride in a horse-drawn cart at Slowinski National Park.
Krakow, a charming and compact town, is full of historic buildings interspersed among the tall spires of churches. Much of the historic sections of Warsaw have been reconstructed. Today's Warsaw, however, is full of luxury shops, spectacular hotels, and upscale service agencies.
Czartoryski Museum holds a wonderful collection of European art. Many of the original buildings of Auschwitz remain. A dozen of these hold the State Museum of Auschwitz-Birkenau. A short documentary film can be viewed at its cinema.
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Slovakia - Bratislava Castle, Devin Castle, High Tatras, Mala Fatra, Slovenska Narodna Galeria, National Museum and Trencianske Teplice
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Switzerland - Zurich, Lake Geneva, Lucerne, Patek-Phillippe Museum, Augusta Raurica ruins, and the Jet d'Eau fountain.
- Sweden - Stockholm, Visby, Tyresta National Park and Victoria Hotel.
- Bolivia - Sucre, Christ of Concordia statue, Cochabamba, Parque Nacional Madidi, Cha'llapampa and Isla del Sol.