Visit Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad, Petrovaradin Citadel
Serbia is a land of many contrasts: monasteries and fortresses, vineyards and mountains, old and new. Its full, official name is the Republic of Serbia. It is located in central and southeastern Europe, sharing borders with Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Albania, the Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The official language is Serbian and the official currency is the Serbian Dinar. Winters in Serbia are cold, while the summers are warm to hot.
Belgrade has had a tumultuous past and yet this city has a charming atmosphere. The Jelica Milanovic is only one of many establishments offering accommodations.
Its Military Museum, inside the Kalemegdan Fortress, displays information on the military history of this country. The Palace of Princess Ljubica is a built in the Balkan style. Although the large rooms are filled with furniture from the period, little indicates what life was like there.
Novi Sad is a town with a distinctive student population. Multi-ethnicity is home here in the city that sits by an arc of the Danube River.
Petrovaradin Citadel was built sometime between the late 1600s and the late 1700s. It sits atop a huge volcanic rock monstrosity. This large fortress offers spectacular views.
Sirogojno rests on the side of a mountain, Mt. Zlatibor. Its wooden buildings offer a taste of hospitality. Manasija Monastery looks like a giant fortress. It dares back to the early 1400s. A few frescoes remain within the monastery.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Greece - The Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens, Crete, Knossos, the Acropolis of Lindos, Meteora's monasteries, Delphi, and Vergina.
- Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Museo Guggenheim and Las Hurdes.
- Macedonia - Skopje, Ohrid, Car Samoil's Castle, Lake Matka and Treskavec Monastery.
- Lithuania - Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, Hill of Crosses, National Museum, Trakai Island Castle and History Museum.
- Turkey - Istanbul, Hisar, Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Ankara, Gallipoli Peninsula, Antalya and Bodrum.
- Botswana - Gaborone, National Museum & Art Gallery, Makgadikgadi Pans and Mokolodi Nature Reserve.