Travel to Spain - Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Museo Guggenheim
Spain, a land replete with historical sites and artistic creations, has something to offer anytime of the year. While the southern coasts of Spain alongside the Mediterranean offer excellent weather during the winter, the beaches and mountains of the northwestern section of the country offers a wonderful escape from the hotter temperatures of the summertime.
However, July and August in Spain are often the most crowded with tourists. Plus, the months of September and October bring numerous festivals to this exciting country.
Located in southern Europe, the mainland of Spain borders the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, the Cantabrian Sea, France and Portugal. Among the largest cities in Spain are Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga, and Bilbao.
Barcelona's hotels are busy so plan your visit here early. Gaudí, considered a genius by many, designed many architectural buildings in Barcelona. Magnificent works of art, including some by Miró and Picasso are prominently featured in this stylish city.
Bilbao, the largest city in the Basque Country of Spain, has an exciting new feature, the Museo Guggenheim. The museum, designed by Frank Gehry, is constructed from titanium and glass. Inside this masterpiece, the masterpieces of Picasso, Warhol, Kandinsky, Praque, and Serra can be seen.
Traditional stone houses and panoramic mountain views can be seen in the town of Las Hurdes. This quaint spot is located in the northern Extremadura section of Spain.
Madrid, the capital of Spain, is a charming city that is pleasant to visit. It offers nightlife, tasteful delicacies, and friendly people. This city has exceptionally agreeable weather during March, April, May, and October. Its largest and most exciting festival occurs in May.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Greece - The Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens, Crete, Knossos, the Acropolis of Lindos, Meteora's monasteries, Delphi, and Vergina.
- Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad, Jelica Milanovic, Kalemegdan Fortress, Petrovaradin Citadel, Sirogojno, Mt. Zlatibor and Manasija Monastery.
- Macedonia - Skopje, Ohrid, Car Samoil's Castle, Lake Matka and Treskavec Monastery.
- Hungary - Budapest, Eger Castle, Hungarian Parliament Building, Zsolnay Porcelain Museum, Fishermans Bastion, and the Basilica of St. Peter.
- Russia - Moscow, Red Square, St. Petersburg, the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Brasilia, Parque Estadual do Caracol and the Amazon basin.