Travel to Hungary - Visit Budapest, Eger Castle, Basilica of St. Peter, Zsolnay
Hungary's full name is the Republic of Hungary. Hungarian is the official language, and the official currency is the Forint. The majority of residents practice Roman Catholicism. Located in central Europe, this country is landlocked and shares borders with Austria, Ukraine, Slovakia, Serbia, Romania, Croatia and Slovenia.
The best time to visit Hungary is during the spring, summer, and fall seasons when the weather is at its finest. Many tourist attractions, including museums, close during the bleak winter months.
The capital city of Hungary is Budapest. It is a blend of cultural simplicity and modern extravagances. Budapest is situated along the Danube. The majority of this city was constructed during the Industrial Revolution so it has quite a history. Popular tourist destinations include the Hungarian Parliament Building, which was built in a Gothic Revival style, and the Fisherman's Bastion, which is also known as Halaszbastya.
Although it is a long journey from Budapest to Eger, it is well worth the trip for the opportunity to see the home place of Egri Bikaver or Eger Bull's Wine. The wine is touted to be one of the best.
Moreover, Eger sits prettily between two glorious ranges of hills. In fact, Eger Castle, constructed in the 13th century, provides the best view of this ancient city. The city's art gallery showcases some of the city's historic treasures.
Pecs, full of Turkish monuments and museums, is located in the southern part of Transdanubia. Interesting spots to visit there are the Zsolnay Porcelain Museum, Csontvary, and the Basilica of St. Peter.
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.
- Belarus - Minsk, Hrodna, Brest Fortress, Dudutki Open Air Museum, National Academic Big Opera and Ballet Theatre, Maxim Gorky National Drama Theatre,
Palace of Republic, National History and Culture Museum, Great Patriotic War Museum.
- Slovakia - Bratislava Castle, Devin Castle, High Tatras, Mala Fatra, Slovenska Narodna Galeria, National Museum and Trencianske Teplice
- Bulgaria - Sofia, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tsarevets Fortress, Rila monastery, Madara National Historical and Archaeological Reserve, Valley of the Roses, Freedom Monument and Shipka Pass.
- Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Museo Guggenheim and Las Hurdes.
- Russia - Moscow, Red Square, St. Petersburg, the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Brasilia, Parque Estadual do Caracol and the Amazon basin.