Travel to Ecuador - Visit Quito, Basilica Cathedral, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi
Ecuador, located in the Andean highlands of South America, offers thick rainforests, volcanic formations, and weather that is either rainy or dry. This is a small country with unique indigenous cultures.
The official name is the Republic of Ecuador. This country is located in South America and shares borders with Colombia, Peru and the Pacific Ocean. The official language is Spanish. However, Quechua is widely spoken as well. The official currency is the United States dollar.
Its capital city is Quito, overlooked by snowcapped mountains and volcanoes. The old town is still standing and offers a spectacular view from the top of El Panecillo, a nearby hill. Plenty of places are available for sightseeing including museums, churches, and the statue of the Virgin of Quito. Modern stores and cafes offer a place to relax and shop.
A top tourist attraction is the Basilica del Voto Nacional, an enormous neo-Gothic cathedral located near the Plaza de la Independencia in the center of the city, where it is possible to climb ladders to the top of the towers to enjoy magnificent views of Quito.
The Parque Nacional Cotopaxi features wonderful opportunities for hiking and horseback riding. Here, you will also find the second highest volcanic peak of Ecuador, Volcan Cotopaxi. Although rarely seen, the Andean spectacled bear lives on the eastern slopes of the Parque Nacional Cotopaxi. Other wildlife including the Andean condor, pumas, deer, and rabbits are more readily seen by visitors.
If you are up for a bit of excitement, try the teleferiQo, a recently constructed sky tram. It brings passengers to the top of Cruz Loma where they can then hike to another summit.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.
- Paraguay - Asuncion, Rio Paraguay, Parque Nacional Ybycui, Cerro Leon and Trinidad.
- Peru - Lima, Cuzco, Arequipa, Museo Inka, Peruvian Andes and El Misti.
- Bolivia - Sucre, Christ of Concordia statue, Cochabamba, Parque Nacional Madidi, Cha'llapampa and Isla del Sol.
- Netherlands - Amsterdam, Anne Frank House, Kroller-Muller Museum, Hoge Veluwe National Park, Keukenhof Gardens
- New Zealand - Queenstown, Wellington, Fiordland National Park, Lake Wakatipu, Whangaparaoa Bay, and Harihari.
- Switzerland - Zurich, Lake Geneva, Lucerne, Patek-Phillippe Museum, Augusta Raurica ruins, and the Jet d'Eau fountain.