Paraguay Travel - Asuncion, Trinidad, Cerro Leon, Parque Nacional Ybycui
The official name of Paraguay is the Republic of Paraguay, and it is located in South America. It has the nickname Corazón de America (Heart of America), as it is located in the center of the South American continent. It is landlocked, and bordered by Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia. The official language is Spanish, although Guarani is also spoken in areas. The official currency is the Guaraní.
The country of Paraguay is almost always hot in the summertime with a bit of humidity to the eastern part of the country. However, the winter is known to produce cold temperatures due to the polar air from the south. Rainfall tends to be a bit less frequent during the winter months.
Its capital city is Asunción, which looms above the Río Paraguay. The city is a mix of the old with the modern and includes colonial buildings along with more modern architecture.
The Parque Nacional Ybycuí features subtropical rainforest including waterfalls, colorful and exotic butterflies, and diverse wildlife. The Parque Nacional includes the Cerro León. This thickly wooded plain is home to large cats including pumas, ocelots, and jaguars. Guided tours are available.
An old Jesuit settlement, Trinidad is one of Unesco's world heritage sites. Here, the people gathered for education, religious instruction, and protection. North of Trinidad, one can visit a Jesuit mission, Jesús that dates back to the mid 1700s.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.
- Peru - Lima, Cuzco, Arequipa, Museo Inka, Peruvian Andes and El Misti.
- Bolivia - Sucre, Christ of Concordia statue, Cochabamba, Parque Nacional Madidi, Cha'llapampa and Isla del Sol.
- Ecuador - Quito, Basilica del Voto Nacional, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, TeleferiQo sky tram, and Cruz Loma.
- Moldova - Chisinau, Cricova, Orheiul Vechi, Trebujeni, and National Archeology and History Museum.