Visit Bolivia - Travel to Sucre, Cochabamba, Isla del Sol
Bolivia, with its mix of jungles and mountains, offers tumultuous weather that offers both tremendous cold and extreme heat depending upon your location. The months between November and March can produce tremendous rains.
The official name is the Republic of Bolivia. Located in central South America, Boliva is bordered by the countries of Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. The official languages are Spanish and Aymara. However, Quechua, Guarani, Spanish-Aymara, and Spanish-Quechua are also spoken throughout the country. The official currency is the Bolivar. Its capital city is Sucre.
Cochabamba has a history of being the granary for this country in the past. Today, it a bustling market town that also features several historical sites including a cathedral that is more than 400 years old. From just about anywhere in the city of Cochabamba, the Christ of Concordia statue can be seen.
This 40 meter statue is known as the tallest Christ statue in South America.
The Parque Nacional Madidi includes a watershed that is home to a wide span of flora and fauna. In fact, approximately 10% of the world's known species of birds can be located in this very spot.
Isla del Sol, or the Island of the Sun, is the original site where the Incas settled. The ruins are still visible and include the sacred rock that is at the beginning of the Inca creation legend. A museum, located at Cha'llapampa, features gold artifacts collected from beneath the sea. Near Cha'lla, one can visit the Museo Templo de Sol that features an entire collection of artifacts from Aymara.
- Uruguay - Montevideo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Mercado del Puerto, Museo Didactico Artiguista and the Uruguayan Riviera.
- Paraguay - Asuncion, Rio Paraguay, Parque Nacional Ybycui, Cerro Leon and Trinidad.
- Peru - Lima, Cuzco, Arequipa, Museo Inka, Peruvian Andes and El Misti.
- Ecuador - Quito, Basilica del Voto Nacional, Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, TeleferiQo sky tram, and Cruz Loma.
- Sweden - Stockholm, Visby, Tyresta National Park and Victoria Hotel.
- Poland - Warsaw, Czartoryski Museum, Krakow, Great Masurian Lakes, Slowinski National Park, and Malbork Castle.
- Germany - The Harz Mountains, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Lubeck and Leipzig.