Visit Greenland - Qaqortoq, Nuuk, Ilulissat Kangerlua and Upernavik
Greenland, a Danish territory in the Nordic region, offers warm weather between the months of May and August. The winters there are very arctic or long and cold. Greenland's capital is Nuuk, a small town with apartments, hiking tours, boat rides, and not much else.
Qaqortoq, a rocky location on the tip of the peninsula is the country's main port as well as its cultural base. Artistic creations abound here. The country features a vast area of tundra and glaciers. Chartered flights are required to reach the more remote areas. However, ferries and helicopters do service certain destinations.
The Southern Fjords include excellent climbing opportunities on spires of granite rock such as The Baroness, Uiluit Qaaga, and Ulamertorsuaq. Cruising down the fjords is exciting with varying distances and attractions to see.
Upernavik's historical district includes Greenland's oldest museum, the Upernavik Old Town Museum. The museum features the original qajaq ensemble with bird skewer, harpoon, and throwing stick.
Ilulissat Kangerlua is one of the best tourist attractions in Greenland. This glacier-fed bay is filled with icebergs with the amazing size of entire buildings. Occasionally the excitement is intensified when the icebergs emit an exploding sound in the hot summer sun. Dog sled tours are also available at this location.
- Iceland - Reykjavik, Myvatin, Vatnajokull glacier, Skaftafellsjokull, Skaftafell National Park, Blue Lagoon, Gullfoss waterfall and the Great Geysir.
- Sweden - Stockholm, Visby, Tyresta National Park and Victoria Hotel.
- Norway - Oslo, Bergen, Emanuel Vigeland Museum, Norsk Folkemuseum, Telemark and Heddal stave church.
- Finland - Snow Castle, Lemmenjoki National Park, Moomin World, Valamo Orthodox Monastery and Olavinlinna Castle.
- Montenegro - Budva, Durmitor National Park, the National Museum of Montenegro and Kotor.
- Canary Islands - Casa de Colon, Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas.
- Portugal - Lisbon, Lagos, Douro Valley and Conimbra Ruins.