Visit Portugal - Lagos, Douro Valley, Lisbon and Conimbra Ruins
Portugal, a country in southwestern Europe, is a land with a history drenched in the taste of the sea, which offers up an exciting yet relaxing place to live or visit. A taste of olive oil intermingles with the food, sun glistens on the beaches, and the music reflects upon the past.
Any time of the year is usually a good time to visit depending upon your interests. February brings carnivals, summer sun brings an excellent accompaniment for swimming activities, and sports activities are scheduled during various times.
Lisbon, a city of many views, is ideally located on hilly land next to a flowing river. Tree-lined streets lead to many places including cafes, churches, shops, and more.
Lagos, a regular tourist location, has some of Portugal's best beaches. Bicycles, horses, and boats are frequently used for both pleasure and transportation. It is here that you will find the Museu Municipal with its exquisite collections of ancient treasures.
Douro Valley offers numerous boat cruises to enjoy its scenic countryside as well as numerous vineyards interspersed throughout its verdant land. The Conimbra Ruins display a mix of ancient buildings, defensive walls, and historic artifacts. Its museum is full of interesting finds, some of which date back to the times of the Romans.
- Croatia - Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zagreb, Solin, Salona Ruins, Mljet Island and Dubrovnik.
- Greece - The Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens, Crete, Knossos, the Acropolis of Lindos, Meteora's monasteries, Delphi, and Vergina.
- Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad, Jelica Milanovic, Kalemegdan Fortress, Petrovaradin Citadel, Sirogojno, Mt. Zlatibor and Manasija Monastery.
- Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Museo Guggenheim and Las Hurdes.
- Montenegro - Budva, Durmitor National Park, the National Museum of Montenegro and Kotor.
- Canary Islands - Casa de Colon, Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas.
- Greenland - Qaqortoq, Nuuk, Ilulissat Kangerlua, Upernavik and the Southern Fjords.